Now Hiring a full time receptionist Apply online Now
Areas of Responsibility:
- Act as receptionist/greeter to individuals coming into the office.
- Responsible for answering of the agency phone.
- Responsible for performing various support services including Thank You letters and maintenance of mailing lists/databases.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail.
- Record minutes of agency staff meetings.
- Maintain postage meter.
- Maintain program brochure displays and bulletin boards in reception area.
- Maintain the food donation pantry.
- As assigned, greet all persons entering the office and direct them to the appropriate staff person.
- As assigned, answer incoming telephone calls and direct the caller to the appropriate staff person, or refer the caller to other appropriate agencies, etc. for assistance.
- Perform typing for agency directors as assigned, including work to be done on a typewriter and/or on the computer.
- Type minutes of staff meetings and send out to all staff.
- Assist with providing service to clients as needed.
- Pick up mail from post office daily, process incoming mail according to established procedures
- Process outgoing mail and ensure that all outgoing correspondences have proper postage and that the mail is dropped off at the mailbox prior to the pick up time.
- Keep track of funds on the postage meter and add funds to meter when necessary, in addition to troubleshooting of any issues with the meter.
- Receipt all cash, checks and money orders received.
- Prepare thank you cards and assist in writing thank you letters for donations received.
- Ensure that all information brochures and flyers on display are current and restock as necessary.
- Weigh all food donations, record on required forms and submit to the food bank. Stock the pantry shelves with donations and dispose of expired products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
- Demonstrated concern for, and ability to work with, clients of all socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to act with tact and courteously to all clients and staff.
- Must be able to type and use various computer programs.
- Must have knowledge to operate office equipment; i.e. typewriter, photocopier, computer, telephone system, postage meter, etc., or be willing and able to learn how to operate the equipment.
- Must have well developed organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently without close daily supervision.
- Must have a valid PA driver’s license, reliable transportation and be willing to travel in Indiana County and other counties if required.
- A Motor Vehicle Report and Act 33 & 34 clearances will be obtained upon hire.
- Must have vehicle insurance to comply with agency standards of coverage.