Job Opening: Housing Support Liaison
July 15, 2018
Title of Position: Housing Support Liaison
Immediate Supervisor: Client Services/Case Management Director
Areas of Responsibility:
- Act as a point of contact for coordinating housing information for Armstrong-Indiana Behavioral & Developmental Health Program consumers in Indiana County.
- Assess and develop a housing need plan with each Armstrong-Indiana Behavioral & Developmental Health Program consumer referral.
- Act as the Armstrong-Indiana Behavioral & Developmental Health Program Liaison in initiating and coordinating referrals for priority consumers to appropriate housing resources and other county housing service providers and social service organizations in Indiana County.
- Maintain consumer files with information relating to their housing needs, including the housing need plan.
- Develop, implement and monitor polices and procedures for the:
- Consumer referral assessment
- Master Leasing Rent Program
- Coordinate advocacy support for consumers dealing with housing issues as a result of their mental illness.
- Create a housing assessment tool for case managers, inpatient staff, and other behavioral health professionals.
- Actively research grant opportunities and, with supervisor’s approval, write grant proposals to secure additional funding for developing resources.
- Participate in local, regional and safe housing committees and work groups to seek out opportunities for involvement in planning and developing housing options for Armstrong-Indiana Behavioral & Developmental Health Program consumers.
- Coordinate with the CHIPPS Coordinator at I & A Residential, Inc. on housing planning.
- Prepare correspondence, studies, and reports associated with administering the housing plan, as required and approved by the supervisor.
- Participate and complete SOAR Training in order to complete applications for all homeless and/or disabled clients including all other housing/homeless programs.
- Attend all training, as required by the supervisor, including, but not limited to, PA HMIS, Solar Training, etc.
- Comply fully with all contractual obligations.
- Prepare and distribute informational materials and talk to groups about the BDP Housing Program.
- Perform any and all duties assigned by the Executive Director.
- Confidentiality: All Agency personnel are subject to confidentiality policies as described in the Agency Personnel Policies. It will be a direct violation of confidentiality if clients are discussed outside of the department or with outside agencies without permission of the immediate supervisor or Indiana County Community Action Agency Administration staff.
- Sign and adhere to all agency Conflict of Interest policies.
Abilities and Qualifications:
- Must possess a B.A. or B.S. Degree.
- Must be able to work independently without close supervision.
- Excellent verbal skills to communicate to and relate with the public.
- Knowledge of the respective county, employment is in Indiana, and familiarity with the social service network and community resources.
- Possess excellent writing skills for case notes, reports, etc.
- Must have basic computer skills, have the ability to utilize computers, including the use of internet, and the ability to learn software programs.
- Good organizational skills and have the ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Must have a valid PA Driver’s license, reliable transportation and be willing to travel.
- Must have or be willing to obtain Motor Vehicle Report, Act 33 & 34 clearances and FBI clearance with fingerprinting.
- Must have vehicle insurance to comply with agency standards of coverage.