ICCAP Position opening: Homeless Case Manager
June 27, 2017
Title of Position: Homeless Case Manager
Immediate Supervisor: Shelter Director
Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for the identification of problems of homeless families and individuals.
- Responsible for goal identification and service planning in conjunction with homeless families and individuals.
- Responsible for service delivery, information, referral and follow-up of homeless families and individuals.
- Complete and in-depth needs assessment with each homeless client, including a home visit.
- In conjunction with the client, identify major problem areas, develop a goal plan to impact those problems, and establish a time frame to meet goals.
- Refer clients to all appropriate human services and job training opportunities; follow-up to assure receipt of services.
- Work closely with the ICCAP Housing Liaison and the Project LIGHT / PHD Counselor to ascertain coordination of services.
- Provide services needed by case management clients that are not otherwise available, including, but not limited to, life skills education, budget counseling and transportation.
- Maintain complete and accurate case files.
- Complete reports as required.
- Coordinate homeless case management activates with all agency programs and personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be familiar with Indiana County social services and programs.
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work on behalf of low-income clients.
- Must be able to work independently without close daily supervision.
- Ability to maintain accurate, neat records and reports.
- Must have a valid PA driver’s license, reliable transportation and be willing to travel extensively in Indiana County and other counties if required.
- Must have a minimum of one year of case management experience and/or training in related field.
- Must have basic computer skills as well as be able to work with various software programs including use of the internet. Must be willing to learn new software programs.
- Must have or be willing to obtain Motor Vehicle Report, Act 33 & 34 clearances and FBI clearance with fingerprinting.
- Must have vehicle insurance to comply with agency standards of coverage.