ICCAP open position: Project LIGHT and PHD Counselor
June 27, 2017
Title of Position: Project LIGHT and PHD Counselor
Immediate Supervisor: Shelter Director/Compliance Officer
Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for coordination and implementation of Project LIGHT (Life improvement through Goals, Housing and Transportation) and PHD (Permanent Housing for the Disabled).
- Determine eligibility, schedule and complete appointments for clients seeking services through the program.
- Refer clients to all applicable ICCAP programs.
- Conduct follow-up as appropriate.
- Establish/update client files in accordance with program and agency requirements.
- Complete all necessary client information forms and obtain appropriate documentation for the files.
- Track client demographics on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of all necessary reports.
- Establish linkages, conduct outreach about the project, coordinate housing, transportation, and other services on behalf of both project participants.
- Establish and initiate the client-eligibility process for the projects.
- Determine program applicant’s income eligibility, and need for project’s participation, through a comprehensive household needs assessment.
- Work with participants to develop a comprehensive service/goal plan including but not limited to, employment/education, housing, transportation, health care, child care, money management/benefits, etc.
- Provide participants with information and referral to services under the ICCAP umbrella, as well as to services provided by outside agencies.
- Enter intake information case notes, goal plans, participants’ progress, etc. through the agency client database in a timely fashion.
- Conduct weekly one-on-one interviews with program participants.
- Visit the participants’ residences at least twice a month for on-site interview.
- Provide case management for additional six months after financial support ends.
- Summarize project data; generate reports, etc. as required by ICCAP and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Complete monthly rent determinations and forward the results to the fiscal department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have experience working independently without close daily supervision.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have demonstrated organizational skills, with ability to maintain accurate records and reports.
- Must have basic computer skills as well as be able to work with various software programs including use of the internet. Must be willing to learn new software programs.
- Proven computer knowledge and skills utilizing Excel and Microsoft programs, with willingness to learn agency-specific software program(s).
- Must have a minimum of one year of counseling experience and/or training in related fields, with demonstrated ability to work on behalf of low-income clients.
- Knowledge of Indiana County’s social service network and community resources.
- Must have a valid PA driver’s license, reliable transportation and be willing to travel in Indiana County and other counties if required.
- Must have vehicle insurance to comply with agency standards of coverage.
- Must have or be willing to obtain Motor Vehicle Report, Act 33 & 34 clearances, and FBI clearance with fingerprinting.